Head of Hospitality New Zealand
Nick is Head of Hospitality New Zealand at LINK. Whilst he has a strategic focus developing the Hospitality team nationwide, Nick is still very much a broker at heart and is still selling!
Nick loves hospitality! He likes it so much that he bought his own cafe! Some 15 years ago, he left his office job and spent 6 months researching and learning everything he could about cafes before buying Roasted Addiqtion Café in Kingsland. Having enjoyed the experience of buying, running (for 5 years) and then selling his own café business, Nick turned his attention to helping other hospitality owners sell their businesses.
Nick has been in the top 3 sales people at Link Business Broking Ltd for the last 10 years running and has been involved in the sale of over $100M of hospitality businesses! At LINK’s International Conference in Fiji Nick won both the 2016 New Zealand Broker of the Year award and the 2016 International Broker of the Year award.
He has also won the 2017 New Zealand Broker of the Year and 2017 International Broker of the Year award and recently picked up 2020 Broker of the Year for LINK’s Ellerslie office.
Nick’s passion is really understanding how each business ticks both financially and operationally and then finding out how to add the maximum value to the business. Nick enjoys the process of helping and advising buyers immensely. It can be a daunting prospect buying a business and people feel immediately comfortable once they learn that Nick has been through the process and understands what they are experiencing. Whether you are an experienced café or restaurant owner or someone looking for their first step in the exciting world of hospitality, Nick is always happy to chat.
If you are thinking of selling your business, either now or in the future, Nick is always happy to pop around for a Flat White (no sugar) and a chat.
Seven reasons to work with Nick:
• Direct experience of having bought, run and sold his own hospitality business
• Over $100M of hospitality business sales
• Consistently among the top sales performers across all sectors
• One of the best known and most successful brokers in the sector
• A wealth of industry-specific knowledge
• Huge network of both buyers and sellers across the market
• Experience in selling across all aspects of hospitality: cafes, restaurants, bars, wedding and conference centres, hotels, food and beverage manufacturing and distribution, freehold going concerns